How to access app info in Samsung Galaxy Note 4
The app info screen on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a very useful for accessing individual app specific system settings of storage, data usage, permissions, notifications and etc. By using this screen, you can skip all the long winded steps to get the the specific app from the system settings screen that normally most people will do. Below are the simple steps to show you how to get to the app info screen.
Below are the steps I have documented in the form of video and also step by step screenshots.
Step 1: From the home screen, tap the "Apps" button to go into the apps screen.
Step 2: Tap and hold one of the app.
Step 3: Once you have tap and hold the app, the screen will change to a mode where you can place the shortcut on the home screen. But don't let go just yet. Notice the App Info icon on the top? Move the floating app while you are holding it over the "App Info" icon. Then let go.
Step 4: The "App Info" screen will appear and you can access all the system settings related to the app from this screen.
This screen is pretty useful as I can skip all the long winded steps to get to the system settings:
- Uninstall the app
- Force stop the app if it still running in the background.
- Access the storage usage information to change move the app from phone memory to SD card memory, clear app data or cache data.
- Change the access permissions the app.
- Change the behaviour of the app notifications.
- Settings default behaviour of files or links that related to the app.
- Access the data usage information and change the background data restriction setting.